In this second of a two-part series, we conclude the panel’s discussion of the first 100 days of the Trump administration as it relates to compliance. This episode concludes with the panelists’ rants.
- Matt Kelly opens with a discussion of regulatory enforcement under the Trump administration, how the ‘Trump Effect’ is negatively impacting corporations, industry responses to deregulation issues and lays down some markers around compliance issues under the new administration.
For Matt Kelly’s posts see the following:
Compliance in the Trump Era: More Markers Placed
Trump Administration Whacks Telco Firm for $892 Million
Drone Industry Pan Trump’s Regulatory
Trump Risk Disclosures Start Rolling In
First SEC Whistleblower Award of Trump Era
Sessions Dodges, Weaves, Promises on FCPA
- Mike Volkov rounds out the discussion with a review of where the DOJ is currently under AG Sessions, remarks by DOJ officials on FCPA enforcement, the future of the Pilot Program and DOJ Compliance Counsel, Hui Chen.
For Mike Volkov’s posts see the following:
Yates, AG Sessions and Individual Criminal Prosecutions
New E-Book — Moving the Goalposts: The Justice Department Redefines Effective Compliance
FCPA Remediation Focus on Supervisory Personnel
FPCA Pilot Program Motors On
For the Cordery Compliance client alerts see the following:
EU conflicts minerals compliance legislation
DOJ Evaluation of Corporate Compliance: how does it compare to UK Bribery Act 2010?
For Jay Rosen’s posts see the following:
Still in the Enforcement Business and Evaluation of Corporate Compliance Programs
“It Was the Best of Times, It was the Worst of Times,” or “Ignorance is Strength”
For Tom Fox’s posts see the following:
The Trump Administration-Kaos is Bad for Business
The Trump Administration-Failures in Leadership and Management
The Trump Administration-Preparing for a Catastrophe
The Trump Administration-the Business Response
DOJ Enforcement of the FCPA and the International Fight against Corruption in the Trump Administration
The members of the Everything Compliance panel include:
- Jay Rosen– Jay is Vice President, Business Development Corporate Monitoring at Affiliated Monitors. Rosen can be reached at JRosen@affiliatedmonitors.com
- Mike Volkov – One of the top FCPA commentators and practitioners around and the Chief Executive Officer of The Volkov Law Group, LLC. Volkov can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Matt Kelly – Founder and CEO of Radical Compliance, is the former Editor of Compliance Week. Kelly can be reached at email@example.com
- Jonathan Armstrong – Rounding out the panel is our UK colleague, who is an experienced lawyer with Cordery in London. Armstrong can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org