This week, Jay and I return for a wide-ranging discussion on some of the week’s top compliance related stories, including:
- U.S. charges top Colombia anti-graft prosecutor with money laundering. See article by Dick Cassin the FCPA Blog.
- US Supreme Court may finally settle one of the fiercest debates arising from the Dodd-Frank Act: What is a whistleblower and when are they protected against corporate retaliation? See Joe Mont’s article in Compliance Week.
- Alstom obtains ISO 37001 certification but does it mean anything?
- Benefits of FCPA Pilot Program becoming clear after two 2017 declination. See article by Jaclyn Jaeger in Compliance Week.
- Head of federal government ethics office to step down. See article in The Hill.
- At nearly the half-way mark, the Astros lead the majors with the best record. See Tom’s article on how and why in the FCPA Compliance Report.
- New eBook on Trump and Compliance: the First 100 Days is out. It collects the musings from the four amigos on the Everything Compliance podcast (+1). You can download your copy by clicking here.