In this episode, I visit with Brian Platz who discusses blockchain and his new company Fluree, a new Public Benefit Corporation that has introduced a scalable blockchain database for decentralized applications. Fluree is not healthcare specific, but there is a lot of potential for blockchain.
In this podcast interview we covered the following:
- What is a scalable blockchain database and why is it important?
- What are some of the healthcare use cases for Fluree?
- Transparency and consensus as key attributes of block chain. Does that contradict healthcare’s needs for privacy and security?
- Who will leverage this technology in healthcare? What are its uses in the broader compliance context?
- What impact will healthcare consumers and patients see as a result of Fluree?
- Fluree organized as a Public Benefit Corporation. What does that mean for the company going forward?